Recently, I started having problems connecting to my locally running VMware Server using Firefox because of NoScript's ABE feature after a NoScript update.
ABE is Application Boundaries Enforcer which protects against CSRF attacks. Apparently the VMware application was trying to talk back to the browser or something. By going into NoScript's Options, in the Advanced tab, and in the ABE sub-tab, and editing the SYSTEM ruleset, I was able to make VMware work again. Windows didn't know how to edit an ".abe" file, so I had to configure it to use Notepad. Then, I made the ruleset look like the one below. Be sure to use the URL that you connect to VMware server with.
# Prevent Internet sites from requesting LAN resources.
Accept from LOCAL
Accept from https://vmware_server_name:8333/